- University of Missouri, B.S. in Art Education -1961; M.A. in Painting and Design -1962
- University of Kansas, Ph.D. in Art Education -1970
- 2007 Named Professor Emeritus in Art at Jacksonville University
- 1970 -2000 Faculty member, Jacksonville University; Chair of Division of Art, Theatre Arts, and Dance 1982 – 2000; Interim Dean College of Fine Arts Jacksonville University 1998; Chair, Art Department Jacksonville University 1989-1992
- 1962 -1970 Head of Art Department at Ottawa University in Ottawa, Kansas
Art Work and Exhibitions
- Exhibitions with Florida Artists Group: - Many exhibits with this group in Florida at the Daytona Beach Museum of Art, Coral Springs Art Museum, Leepa-Ratner Art Museum, Palm Beach Gardens City Hall, Armory Art Center, Barrier Island Art Center on Sanibel Island, Cornell Art Museum in Delray Beach 2011, Maitland Art Museum,
- Other exhibitions - Solo: Cultural Art Center of Ponte Vedra, Selva Marina Country Club, Cypress Village Egret Hall Gallery, Riverside Art Series
- Jacksonville Coalition of Visual Artists - Cultural Art Center of Ponte Vedra, Wilson Center For Arts at FSCJ south campus gallery, Cypress Village Egret Hall
- Southern Watercolor Society Juried Exhibition
- Excellent career record of art exhibitions - juried, group, invitational, one-person shows, and JU faculty exhibitions; 1974-1986 participated in more than twenty "Lumasonic" presentations and concerts with Jacksonville University Composer-in-Residence William Hoskins, including Electronic Music Festivals at Converse College, Virginia Commonwealth University, Rollins College, and Mercer University as well as at the Florida Art Education Association conference; National Art Education Association conference; Jacksonville Art Festival, and Jacksonville University.
- Completed commissions for various corporations and individuals, including Cover Design for Delius Festival 2000, Mural painting for Century 21 and six 6’ x 6’ fired tile paintings installed on shopping mall.
- Represented in both corporate and individual private collections including Prudential Insurance, National Association of Schools of Art, and Columbia Public Schools.
- Designed, painted, and directed completion of set of 20 murals at Cypress Village in the Alzheimer’s care center. Worked with 15 volunteer painters to complete the project.
- Designed Stained Glass windows for First Christian Church of the Beaches
- Have presented many art workshops throughout career - 2005 for Star Island, Maine Arts Conference; Directed Florida Youth Art Symposium for State of Florida 1989
- Member of Florida Artist Group since 1970s - President 2009-2011
- During teaching career: Florida Art Education Association - Board of Directors several times including as Treasurer. National Art Education Association, College Art Association
- Board Member Southern Academy of Letters, Arts, and Sciences in Jacksonville
- International Baccalaureate Examiner 1991-2003 for Stanton College Preparatory School and Deland High School, Nease High School and others.
- SACS Accreditation Teams (for Art) Andrew Jackson HS, Southside Jr. HS, Mayport Junior HS, Sandalwood Jr-Sr HS, Episcopal HS, Landmark Middle School, Nease HS
- Juror for 4th Congressional District Art Exhibiton; Jacksonville Arts Assembly visual arts planning board for Arts Mania; Juror for Florida State Fair Youth Art Exhibition and other juror work.
- Curriculum consultant and workshop leader for: YMCA, Daniel Memorial School, Seminole Tribe of Florida, Florida Association for Children under six, Duval County schools, and Berry College.
Jacksonville University Service and Honors
- Member of presidential search advisory committee
- Chair of Vice Presidential search committee
- Professor of the Year
- Chair, Faculty Assembly
- Honorary organizations Omicron Delta Kappa, Green Key, and Order of Omega
- Professor Emeritus in Art
Other Community Associations
- Member of Meninak Club of Jacksonville
- Boy Scouts of America: Coquina District Committee; Explorer Leader Post 184; Scoutmaster Troop 184; Woodbadge Leader Training 1999; Silver Beaver Award from North Florida Council; Boy Scouts of America Chartering Organization Representative for First Christian Church of the Beaches for Pack 40 Cub Scouts and Troop 40 Boy Scouts
- First Christian Church of the Beaches: Board Chair 2002-2003 and 1994-1995; Elder 1987- present; served as Junior High and High School Sunday School Teacher and as Youth Director. North Florida Zone Chairman for Christian Men’s Fellowship1997-1999, Elders Council 2016-2018
- Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity: Section Chief for supervising chapters at University of Florida, Florida State University, Jacksonville University, and University of Central Florida 1979-1994; Chapter Advisor for Jacksonville Chapter 1995-1997
- Masonic Orders: Ribault Masonic Lodge # 272 F & AM, Master of Lodge 1981; Scottish Rite Masonic Bodies of Jacksonville; Morocco Temple Shrine